[meteorite-list] Modeling the Park Forest bolide

From: Mark Jackson <b0rtz2003_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:04 2004

--0-688508367-1058213720=:72377

Rob,

I'm going to try to get up into Kern County, CA to see about this "Pozo Bolide" that just happened recently. It may not be until a month or more from now. It should prove interesting because there's film of it from Fresno, then apparently, eyewitnesses all the way across the state in San Robles or Pozo. Hopefully by the time I get there we'll have a DoD report on it too. Maybe your star program can help us crank through it.

Also I am reminded that for anyone with access to a copy of "Rocks From Space", there is quite nearly a chapter on how to field eyewitness reports and triangulate a true meteor path from those reports.

Respectfully,

Mark Jackson

--0-688508367-1058213720=:72377

<DIV>Rob,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm going to try to get up into Kern County, CA to see about this "Pozo Bolide" that just happened recently. It may not be until a month or more from now. It should prove interesting because there's film of it from Fresno, then apparently, eyewitnesses all the way across the state in San Robles or Pozo. Hopefully by the time I get there we'll have a DoD report on it too. Maybe your star program can help us crank through it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also I am reminded that for anyone&nbsp;with access to a copy of "Rocks From Space", there is quite nearly a chapter on how to field eyewitness reports and triangulate a true meteor path from those reports.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Respectfully,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mark Jackson</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>