[meteorite-list] FW: Fireballs Here, Fireballs There

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:05 2004

-------------- Forward Messages ----------------

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:01:35 -0600
From: "Jill and Nevyn" <mirage_at_gilanet.com>
Subject: (meteorobs) Fire Ball over the Gila

I don't know if this helps, but that fire ball also
had a very long tail. Now what was a bit odd, at
least to me, was that it looked as if the fire around
the ball was sort of being cast off. Like pieces of =
fire moving away from the ball itself. Actually that
really added to just how sepectaular it looked. There
is really no way for us to know exactly if it was
above or below, IF YOU conclude that you can see it =
through the clouds. In addition to the clouds there
is also a considerable amount of forest fire smoke
here. Now I know that most of you think we are just
mistaken about it being below those clouds. But it
you could have seen it with the clarity we did, and
the low 'looking appearance' you would swear on a
stack of bibles that that fire ball was
below those clouds.

At any rate above or below it leaves me with a
question for you scientific types. This is the second
one in 37 days traveling in about the same general
path as the one on June 8th. Is this common? If it
is then Jill and I have been missing out a LOT in our
59 years each on this planet. I think if I saw one
more on the same path I would have to say, hmmmmm this
is starting to get really weird.

Nev