[meteorite-list] RE: This endless God thread!!!

From: dbeatty <dbeatty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:05 2004

I've held back...believing in live and let live...but these "Bible
Thumpers" are just too much. Whatever happened to tolerance and an honest
difference of opinion?? While I like to hope that there is some kind of
supreme being...whether it be God, The Force or whatever...I just don't
understand how "Christians" can read the Bible and not question its origin.

There are hundreds of contradictions, fallacies and downright
unbelievable/unsupportable "facts". I'm still amazed at the responses
(excuses) that I receive when I ask simple, direct questions. (For
example, how many animals did Noah load onto the Ark?? At various places
in Genesis, it states 2...but there is also a passage which states 7 of
clean and 2 of unclean. Hmmm.... And speaking of the "Flood", we live in
a closed environment, where did enough water come from to cover the entire
Earth...and where did it all go??) When it is in their favor, or supports
their position, "believers" state that the Bible is fact...at other times
it is merely an anecdote or parable....moral roadmap, if you will. But how
can it be both??

I am open to the proposition that there is a supreme being....but are you
open to the idea that there may not be??

Dennis Beatty

At 10:46 AM 07/15/2003 -0400, CMcdon0923_at_aol.com wrote:
><<>They think the universe revolves around THEIR wonderful <<lord (sic)
Jesus Christ and everyone else is "in the dark".