[meteorite-list] Apparent Meteorite Lands In Washington?

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:05 2004

Hi,
How fortunate that these bored high schoolers not only saw the
flaming meteor but correctly calculated its' trajectory and impact site,
called police, and in the dark, still arrived in enough time to burn
their hands!
How efficient are todays' youth!
(I wonder if they are this competent in cleaning their rooms?)
And how thoughtful of the meteor to fall near their high school!
I especially liked, "only to discover several tiny craters filled with
the still-hot rocks."
However, after seeing the photo, I'm sure that these are genuine Canard
fragments.
Best,
Ken Newton
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/news1.html