[meteorite-list] Holbrook

From: Howard Wu <freewu2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:05 2004

--0-1332052123-1058401912=:45080

I once got down to the railroad track and wouldn't you know that there was somebody there looking for same. I spent an hour with a magnet and stick and came up with a bunch of little grey rocks off of a few anthills much like Norton's described in Rock from Space. I have no idea if these were meteor-mites or some earthrock. It didn't look like the magnetite that one of the local meteorite shops tried to hawk me.Though the woman there was nice enough to give me directions They are the same grey color I've seen in Holbrook slices. Of course I still have them, but put them in my meteorite-maybe box.

Howard Wu

--0-1332052123-1058401912=:45080

<DIV>I once got down to the railroad track and wouldn't you know that there was somebody there looking for same. I spent an hour with a magnet and stick and came up with a bunch of little grey rocks off of a few anthills much like Norton's described in Rock from Space. I have no idea if these were meteor-mites or some earthrock. It didn't look like the magnetite that one of the local meteorite shops tried to hawk me.Though the woman there was nice enough to give me directions&nbsp;They are the same grey color I've seen in Holbrook slices. Of course I still have them, but put them in my meteorite-maybe&nbsp; box.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
--0-1332052123-1058401912=:45080--