[meteorite-list] Off topic possible eBay scam

From: Dave Schultz <indy1996_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:06 2004

  Greetings listees. Sorry for another off topic
subject, but I just received an apparent e-mail from
eBay [safeharbor] stating that I have had my rights to
eBay suspended for a violation of trying to log into
eBay using a bogus ID, which there was no way that I
did. I e-mailed eBay about this possible scam or
misunderstanding and await thier reply. Has anyone
else been banned lately by them or possibly been sent
a false e-mail from someone else masquerading as eBay
asking for your personal account information? Could
someone be trying to steal our accounts since that
eBay list was posted here? Maybe that wasn`t such a
good idea afterall!
                              Thanks, Dave. [indy1996]