[meteorite-list] Apparent Meteorite Lands In Elma High

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:06 2004

Hello Marcie, you asked;
Do they rapidly cool after initial impact ? Also, why, in the case of
the "Columbia" retrieval, were people warned not to touch fragments, as
they were hazardous?

I think the reason was two fold, the one they gave, Hazardous fuel from the
tanks could of contaminated the pieces. Two, They wanted to scare the people
in an effort to keep them from taking pieces home!
 About the fall, the witness's claim to see have seen the fire ball burn
almost all the way to the ground. If that's the case, any meteorite from the
fireball would have still been many miles away.
Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168