[meteorite-list] Apparent Meteorite Lands In Elma High

From: Kevin Fly Hill <khill_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:06 2004

I guess that I'm even more of a cynic than Walter. I concur about the
"lawsuit protection" angle, but also NASA just didn't want people pickn'
that stuff up -- look how many did any way! From where we live in Southern
VanZandt County, Texas, my wife heard the explosion/sonic boom (more like
felt) then looked up and saw the twisting contrail. I was driving down the
highway with cats to the vet and the whole thing happened right behind me --
saw nor heard nutn'. Nothing was found in our county (or at least reported)
and we watched low flying fighter jets come over for the next couple of
days. Our area is very wooded -- so, no telling?

Fly Hill