[meteorite-list] OT, Please help me, shipping

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:07 2004

Hello List, can some one help me, I am so confused!!!!!!!! I have to send
a package out, I weighed it on my Ohaus triple beam balance scale. I know as
a fact it is right on. The package weighs 543g's. When I convert this it
comes to 19.1538 oz or 1.19711 lb. When I was in school 1 lb was 16 oz. So,
my amateur calculations tell me that that is 1lb 3.1538 oz or rounded of to
1lb 3oz. I have checked my scale and re-did the math about four times now.
BUT, when I took it to the post office, they said, ok, just over two pounds!
Am I wrong with my math, I know my scale is correct, I checked it. Or is the
post office's fancy scale messed up?
Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168