[meteorite-list] Meteorite identification

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:07 2004

Phill,

The number indicates a Nininger collection piece...
Plainview, Texas.

Nininger usually painted a white area on the specimen
then wrote in inda ink the number.

#92 is for Plainview, TX

and

.1157 is the 1,157th example that he sold or found
from this site.

So the label that is with it stating that it is from
Kansas, based on the label number, is wrong.

Plainview is an H-5

Steve Schoner/ams