[meteorite-list] Meteorite ID Number

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:07 2004

ASU's collection has numerous speciens from the
Nininger Meusum sale, 1961. There is a break in the
sequence between 92.379-92.389 and there are many
breaks of sequence between the start 92.a to 92.1001

Nininger and Huss were very particular in numbering
their specimens, and when pieces were sold, then the
number was revised out of their lists. I suspect that
this specimen was sold, or traded to a museum, before
the 1950 list was compiled... in which case such a
piece would not appear.

Steve Schoner/ams

--- Bruce D Wegmann <brucewegmann_at_dslextreme.com>