[meteorite-list] Harassing eBayers

From: Thetoprok_at_aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:07 2004

--part1_fb.4382535c.2c4d56b0_boundary

Adam, List,

Even though I am not a member of the IMCA (yet), I couldn't agree more with
Adam. I't's easy for us to ridicule or chastise the unknowing, uneducated ebay
seller. Some of these sellers may actually be trying to mislead, but many are
just naive.
A perfect case in point is the gentleman I visited here in Michigan on the
4th of July. You may remember he had a 'meteorite' for $15,000.00 and it was
'authenticated' by a school teacher. When I met him I said "I bet you've got a
boat load of nasty emails". He said that indeed he did, and he proceeded to show
them to me. I was floored by some of the unprofessional, child like
reprimands that this innocent man was subjected to. Some of them were very, very
accusing, vicious, and intended to do nothing but belittle the man.

I was embarassed!

I recognized some of the names as list members, I'm sure they know who they
are. Your words are inexcusable, and I highly suggest people think before they
fly off on a rant the next time an unsuspecting civilian posts a meteorwrong
for sale.
I felt like half my job was damage control instead of meteorite education,
defending the ones that made us all look like spoiled children.

Enough said,
Larry Atkins

--part1_fb.4382535c.2c4d56b0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
Adam, List,<BR>
<BR>
Even though I am&nbsp; not a member of the IMCA (yet), I couldn't agree more=
 with Adam. I't's easy for us to ridicule or chastise the unknowing, uneduca=
ted ebay seller. Some of these sellers may actually be trying to mislead, bu=
t many are just naive.<BR>
A perfect case in point is the gentleman I visited here in Michigan on the 4=
th of July. You may remember he had a 'meteorite' for $15,000.00 and it was=20=
'authenticated' by a school teacher. When I met him I said "I bet you've got=
 a boat load of nasty emails". He said that indeed he did, and he proceeded=20=
to show them to me. I was floored by some of the unprofessional, child like=20=
reprimands that this innocent man was subjected to. Some of them were very,=20=
very accusing, vicious, and intended to do nothing but belittle the man.<BR>
<BR>
<I>I was embarassed!<BR>
<BR>
</I>I recognized some of the names as list members, I'm sure they know who t=
hey are. Your words are inexcusable, and I highly suggest people think befor=
e they fly off on a rant the next time an unsuspecting civilian posts a mete=
orwrong for sale.<BR>
I felt like half my job was damage control instead of meteorite education, d=
efending the ones that made us all look like spoiled children.<BR>
<BR>
Enough said,<BR>
Larry Atkins </FONT></HTML>

--part1_fb.4382535c.2c4d56b0_boundary--