[meteorite-list] Brahin - legit?

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:09 2004

--------------080708020702060903010801

Hello to all,

at the moment IŽd buy Brahins from a reliable seller,
usually all IMCA members are that...;- Also Finmet on
eBay have sure pure and fresh pieces. (Not an AD.)

The point of view is, there is still 150 kg:s of Shirokovsky
pseudo left, and if you are not familiar with Brahin and the
seller is unknown, it seems to me, there is a possibility to
have a piece of this stuff, not a big one, but anyway.

Just my thoughts, but if I had 150 kg:s Shirokovsky in my
garage...well, before to build a nice statue with that material,
I sure may had some other thoughts too...;-

take care,

pekka

--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND
+ 358 400 818 912
Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: eurocoin_at_smartgroups.com
--------------080708020702060903010801
<head>
</head>
Hello to all,<br>
at the moment I&acute;d buy Brahins from a reliable seller,<br>
usually all IMCA members are that...;- &nbsp;Also Finmet on<br>
eBay have sure pure and fresh pieces. (Not an AD.)<br>
The point of view is, there is still 150 kg:s of Shirokovsky<br>
pseudo left, and if you are not familiar with Brahin and the<br>
seller is unknown, it seems to me, there is a possibility to<br>
have a piece of this stuff, not a big one, but anyway.<br>
Just my thoughts, but if I had 150 kg:s Shirokovsky in my<br>
garage...well, before to build a nice statue with that material,<br>
I sure may had some other thoughts too...;-<br>
take care,<br>
pekka<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Sharkkb8_at_aol.com">Sharkkb8@aol.com</a> wrote:<br>
 jediwebdude:<br>
I see a<br>
 number of Brahin pieces on eBay and am wondering if<br>
 these are legitimately meteorite objects.</blockquote>
 Well, it's a little difficult to say "yes" to every possible specimen at
any given moment, from so many different dealers, but I can't remember seeing
an ebay Brahin offering recently, which appeared to be questionable.&nbsp; Pallasites
are so unique in appearance that it would be prohibitively difficult to fabricate
or substitute something (which makes the Shirokovsky situation all the more
remarkable).<br>
 Always a good idea to look for the "IMCA" logo in a meteorite dealer's auction&nbsp;
-&nbsp; the International Meteorite Collector's Association is a largely-self-policing
organization, and its members are dedicated to authenticity.<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND