[meteorite-list] Gao-Guenie strange inclusion.

From: PolandMET.com <PolandMET.com_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:10 2004

Hello
I just received new part of Gao, and on one of them I find strange inclusion.
There is small white grain siting on Gao surface. This looks like kalcite or big sand
grain. But there is one big BUT...
Around this grain is fussion crust with flow lines. This flow lines surround this grain.
For me this is proff, that this is not soil from Burkina Faso ground.

On cleaned Gao surface can be see many chondruls melted to crust level and they always
have black color. But THIS grain can't be normall chondrule, becouse stand out of Gao
surface and is not melted by heat and air pressure.

This Gao is oriented and have 25x20mm and weight 13g. White grain is 1.8x1mm long.

There is some photos of this specimen. I used 2 diferend macro lenses for my Kodak DC
Camera so photos are not perfect.

http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/gao_inclusion1.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/gao_inclusion4.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/gao_inclusion5.jpg