[meteorite-list] New meteorite from Georgia???

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:33 2004

Hi John and all,

A couple of years back there were people selling South Carolina Meteorites which were
in fact determine to NOT be meteorites. I don't know if this is one of those or
something new. No pictures and the weight was half of what was stated on the auctions
beginning but has now been corrected. I can't believe someone is offering over $900 on
an untested specimen and someone who is new on eBay. The whole process of finding,
substantiating, researching then selling has seem to gone out the door.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2176712425&category=3239

--AL Mitterling