[meteorite-list] Sputnik satellite - copies....

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:34 2004

--part1_a.31425fd3.2c1021ad_boundary

Actually, I believe there are "legit" copies of Sputnik out there,
manufactured in the (former) Soviet Union.

When we lived back in Eastern PA, I remember an article in the Allentown
newspapaer one weekend in their science section, about a small antique store
located in Kutztown PA that had one on display (not sure if it was for sale). I
don't remember details as to how many they said existed, or exactly why it was
made.

I know where the store is, but never got a chance to go check it out.

--part1_a.31425fd3.2c1021ad_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Actually, I believe there are "legit" copies of Sputni=
k out there, manufactured in the (former) Soviet Union.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
When we lived back in Eastern PA, I remember an article in the Allentown new=
spapaer one weekend in their science section, about a small antique store lo=
cated in Kutztown PA that had one on display (not sure if it was for sale).&=
nbsp; I don't remember details as to how many they said existed, or exactly=20=
why it was made.<BR>
<BR>
I know where the store is, but never got a chance to go check it out.</FONT>=
</HTML>

--part1_a.31425fd3.2c1021ad_boundary--