[meteorite-list] King tut?

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:35 2004

Hello Tom and List,
Knowing that Tom lives in Kingman, Arizona, which is just a stones throw
from Gold Basin (GB), I believe he is inquiring about the stone meteorite
"King Tut" found by John Blennert in 1997.

The protocol for classifying and acceptance of a new meteorite includes a
thorough check of all known meteorites in the general area (I believe
within a 25 mile radius) to make certain it does not pair with any
meteorite that is already "in the books."

For those of you that would like to see a picture of the King Tut, go to
the following link and scroll to the bottom of the page.

<http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/newfinds.htm>

Best,

John Gwilliam