[meteorite-list] Possible Meteorite Impact Structure Found Off San Clemente Island, California

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:36 2004

Hello Paul and List,

I would sure be interested in the proposed age for
this structure. I didn't see anything mentioned about
this in the abstract.

Depending upon the age of this supposed impact, there
should still be some evidence in the geologic record
of tsunami debris deposits somewhere along the
California coast. Aside from the Early-Middle Miocene
San Onofre Breccia (a marine deposit), I'm not aware
of any continental deposits that would fit this
description.

Any suggestions?

Bob V.