[meteorite-list] Ot ebay reporting?

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:38 2004

--part1_1ed.aeb6c87.2c1ac876_boundary

 knudson911_at_frontiernet.net writes:

> Is it not illegal to sale ivory on ebay?

I believe that there is a "cut-off" date of when the ivory items were
produced. Since ivory was (unfortunately) a highly popular and commercial product
for jewelry for so long, and so many exquisite antiques and family heirlooms,
etc, existed before international efforts to ban it came along, I don't believe
it is illegal to sell "antique" ivory. Only stuff produced since the bans
have been enacted - and I'm not sure exactly when that was. (But I betcha
somebody will come along momentarily....;-)

       Gregory

--part1_1ed.aeb6c87.2c1ac876_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> <BR>
 knudson911_at_frontiernet.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Is it not illegal to sale ivory=
 on ebay? </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I believe that there is a "cut-off" date of when the ivory items were produc=
ed.&nbsp; Since ivory was (unfortunately) a highly popular and commercial pr=
oduct for jewelry for so long, and so many exquisite antiques and family hei=
rlooms, etc, existed before international efforts to ban it came along, I do=
n't believe it is illegal to sell "antique" ivory.&nbsp; Only stuff produced=
 since the bans have been enacted - and I'm not sure exactly when that was.&=
nbsp; (But I betcha somebody will come along momentarily....;-) <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ed.aeb6c87.2c1ac876_boundary--