[meteorite-list] Fall Statistics

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:38 2004

Lars inquired:

> I was looking for the statistic numbers for meteoritefalls
> over land and how many should in fact (statisticly) lay in
> the ground pr square kilometer.

Hello Lars and List,

We had a similar thread in April of 1998. Unfortunately the
respective archive is not accessible any more. But, ... roll
of drums ...., I still have a few emails we then wrote about
this topic on my hard disk. I also have numerous references
and excerpts from several books on meteorites discussing
this topic which may help you. As it is an extensive Microsoft
WORD document (9 pages), I'll send it to you in a mail off-list.

Best regards,

Bernd