[meteorite-list] Seems PF fell on 3/27 and NOT on 3/26...

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:38 2004

Hi,

    If we're talking about Illinois and the Chicago area here,
the elevation of Lake Michigan at Chicago is 597 feet. In
general, the lay of the land throughout the state is to gently
decline to the south. Illinois is essentially flat. The elevation
of the Mississippi at St. Louis is 440 feet and so on. The
highest elevation in Illinois is in the far-off northwestern
tippy-tip at 1235 feet, but that is a Wisconsin hill whose crest
is a few thousand feet over into Illinois.

Sterling K. Webb