[meteorite-list] Seems PF fell on 3/27 and NOT on 3/26...

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:38 2004

Hello, Dave and the list,

when we are talking about human observations, they are
allways subjective. Donīt mean yours now...;-

Just wondering, if somebody has opportunity to have some
data from air force or civilian air radars or weather-service
radars, this case should be cleared. Donīt know, how long
they store the tapes, but it should be some 6 months usually.

The military radar-data is usually secret, also civilian air can
be today, but when you are asking for just "unusual" phenomenon
during this time, it should be possible to get the information. Sure
not for everybody, but if some official organisation, like university
or so, makes the inquiry, it may make it a bit easier.

The fragments of the meteoroid should be seen as an
unusual data in low-altitude radars, also the ablation and
ionisation of the material should left marks on radar-data in
higher altitudes.

In my opinion, the weather-radars may be the easiest...;-

Just my 2 cents again...

pekka