[meteorite-list] Re: Natural History Museum - meteorite pics

From: Philip R. Burns <pib_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:38 2004

At 10:01 PM 6/14/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>I have see the photos from the USNM museum, the
>Vigarano piece I have in collection arrive from the
>same collection write in the label C.Bosch, I have the
>yellow number write in my piece. Any of you have
>informations of the C.Bosch Collection?

The Carl Bosch mineral collection (which included much more than just
meteorites) was displayed at Yale University in the United States for many
years. The Smithsonian purchased the collection in the 1960s from the
heirs of Mr. Bosch. Arthur Roe wrote a description of the collection which
appeared in the May/June issue of the _Mineralogical Record_ (vol. 9, no.
3, pp. 181-195).

-- Philip R. "Pib" Burns
    pib_at_pibburns.com
    http://www.pibburns.com/