[meteorite-list] Meteorite Fall In Australia?

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:39 2004

Hi, I have to dissagree with the scientists on that one, Meteorites do
indeed corkscrew. Portales Valley was witnessed by quite a few people, and
even from the air, and it corkscrewed nicely. I am sure that when breaking
up, depending on the shape of the fractures, it could easily throw the
aerodynamics off to make the corkscrew descent.
Mike Farmer