[meteorite-list] NWA998 Thin sections ad

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:39 2004

Hi Steve & all,
        Both Jim and I also have a few of the NWA 998 thin sections
with somewhat smaller viewing area than the rather generous
"full" sized specimens. These are progressively less costly in
accordance with viewing area and can be seen at:

http://community.webshots.com/album/77242090QwdEgx

Let one of us know if you want one - or, just enjoy the photos -
great material.
        Best wishes, Michael

on 6/15/03 9:09 PM, Steve Schoner at steve_schoner_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Everyone...
>
> I neglected to mention that Jim Strope has these very
> exciting slides. Really amazing with a viewer, as my
> crude photo shows. I have been looking at it with my
> cheap old 30 year old student microscope, and the
> structure is amazing. One can clearly see the
> carbonate veins which are extraterrestrial weathering
> products.
>
> If you do not have a slide of NWA998, they are very
> much worth it.
>
> See the slide link as I posted below.
>
> Steve Schoner/ams
>
> --- Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>> This is a photo using a Polaraview, a cheap $30
>> microscope and a Intel Web camera.
>>
>> The image is not as clear as it is by direct
>> viewing,
>> but clear enough to show the extraterrestrial
>> weathering that bisects this view.
>>
>> The weathering vein can be seen as a meandering
>> diagonal line that cuts across the crystal pattern
>> in
>> this really remarkable martian meteorite.
>>

> http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey/NWA998
>

>> Steve Schoner/AMS
>>
>> P.S. If you have trouble viewing this, the site has
>> low bandwidth. It will only allow so many views per
>> session, so wait till the traffic lessens.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't
always agree with them.
    George Bush
--
Worth Seeing: