[meteorite-list] White stone !

From: Michel <Michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:40 2004

Dear List

It happened that I found a strange white stone. I cut it into several slices
and found inside an usual chondritic texture and that it looks very fresh,
but has no crust , no crust at all, and it is not weathered. Even on the
ground facing side I found no relict of any crust. This meteorite is not too
much sand blasted as other finds in the same field are. A starnage object.

A slice and a fragment were send to Michele Bourot Denise at Museum
d'Histoire Naturelle de Paris. it is a fresh LL6 W0/1 S2 ! confirming it is
a meteorite .

Further analyzes are planned. It is very poor in metal and is at the limit
of the LL class, but not yet a R chondrite.

You can see photos of that amazing stone on the following page.

http://www.caillou-noir.com/swa03008.html

I wander if any other fresh chondrite with no crust were found.

Best regards,

Michel FRANCO
Caillou Noir
100 chemin des Campènes