[meteorite-list] Dealer Refunds

From: TMS/TNS/HRC <musnat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:43 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C33062.5879A040

Hello Steve & Dealers,

Speaking as someone who has been in retail over ten years and seen it =
ALL, your best bet in the future is to have a clear and concise refund =
policy that accompanies all your sales. State exactly what this policy =
is: how long the customer has to return merchandise, valid reasons for =
return, "restocking fees" and when they apply, what sales are final, =
etc. Enclose this with every item you ship, state it on your home page, =
and on your Ebay auctions. I started printing return policies on every =
receipt for every sale in my store, because people will ALWAYS try to =
push the envelope unless you state it first. Then, if you have a =
problem, which seldom happens at this point, all you have to say is that =
your policy was stated clearly and they have not complied so you, =
unfortunately cannot take the item back.

But, since you are already embroiled in a situation, you can either:

1. Lump it, give the guy his money back, and hope some day for return =
business from him, or at least some good will he may pass to others.

2. Be right, but subsequently lose the repeat business and perhaps =
(unjustly though it may be) suffer his bad word of mouth to others who =
may also be customers or potential customers.

In either case the best course to take afterward is to try to prevent it =
happening again in the future. =20

Good luck, and believe me, I have felt your pain!!
: )
Jeanne Devon

The Museum Store
The Nature Source
The Historical Research Center
www.thenaturesource.com

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C33062.5879A040

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Hello Steve &amp; Dealers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Speaking as someone who has been in retail over ten =
years and=20
seen it ALL, your best bet in the future is to have a clear and concise =
refund=20
policy that accompanies all your sales.&nbsp; State exactly what this =
policy is:=20
&nbsp;how long the customer has to return merchandise, valid reasons for =
return,=20
"restocking fees" and when they apply, what sales are final, etc.&nbsp; =
Enclose=20
this with&nbsp;every item you ship, state it on your home page, and on =
your Ebay=20
auctions.&nbsp; I started printing return policies on every receipt for =
every=20
sale in my store, because people will ALWAYS try to push the envelope =
unless you=20
state it first.&nbsp; Then, if you have a problem, which seldom happens =
at this=20
point, all you have to say is that your policy was stated clearly and =
they have=20
not complied so you, unfortunately cannot take the item =
back.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>But, since you are already embroiled in a situation, =
you can=20
either:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>1.&nbsp; Lump it, give the guy his money back, and =
hope some=20
day for return business from him, or at least some good will he may pass =
to=20
others.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>2.&nbsp; Be right, but subsequently lose the repeat =
business=20
and perhaps (unjustly though it may be) suffer his bad word of mouth to =
others=20
who may also be customers or potential customers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>In either case the best course to take afterward is =
to try to=20
prevent it happening again in the future.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Good luck, and believe me, I have felt your=20
pain!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>: )</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Jeanne Devon</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>The Museum Store</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>The Nature Source</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>The Historical Research Center</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4><A=20
href=3D"http://www.thenaturesource.com">www.thenaturesource.com</A></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C33062.5879A040--