[meteorite-list] Dealer Refunds

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:43 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0012_01C33D83.2D0F66A0

Hello Steve Arnold (IMB) and list,

The Park Forest thread was interesting, and it is a very nice "historic" =
meteorite with a nice story. I still think we have seen very little of t=
his meteorite on the market for what the demand is and therefore the mete=
orite does have good potential to go up in value. It is almost three mon=
ths after the fall and while the hype and the price has dropped, it still=
 ranked favorite fall on my recent...and ongoing...meteorite poll. =20

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/webpole.html

An interesting note it is also currently 2nd place in "Most Overpriced Me=
teorite"

All of that being said, I would have to agree with the many others, that.=
..this "dealer"....should have been aware of hype pricing...and that the =
price of the meteorite would settle. =20

I invested more then a few dollars in a local major airplane stock a few =
years ago. (Wichita is...or was...the airplane capital of the world). T=
hen 9-11 happened. The local economy has been hit pretty hard, more then=
 1/3 of the city has been laid off. People have left Boeing and Lear Jet=
 and are now working at McDonald's. I think I would get laughed at prett=
y hard if I called Boeing and asked for a refund. (Of course I would sett=
le for a small personal jet...:-) But I understood the risk that was on =
the table. Had the news of late 1991 been a couple big military contract=
s for the company, I could now be in Mali drinking a Jack and Coke and ye=
lling at the barely English speaking waiter for something to snack on. =20

I've made some good meteorite deals and some poor ones. Still, the more =
the market drops, the happier I am. This means I can justify buying more=
. Now, if only Mars meteorites would drop under $100 a gram......

My 2% of Fa.,

Mark Bostick

PS: I guess now is a good of time as any for congrads to Steve Arnold (I=
MB) for the awesome work he did in Park Forest. Steve and his tackle box=
es are coming to a fall near you.

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor=
 and meteorite articles.

------=_NextPart_001_0012_01C33D83.2D0F66A0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV> <DIV>Hello St=
eve Arnold (IMB) and list,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>The Park Forest t=
hread was interesting, and it is a very nice "historic" meteorite with a =
nice story.&nbsp; I still think we have seen very little of this meteorit=
e on the market for what the demand is and therefore the meteorite does h=
ave good potential to go up in value.&nbsp; It is almost three months aft=
er the fall and while the hype and the price has dropped, it still ranked=
 favorite fall on my recent...and ongoing...meteorite poll.&nbsp; </DIV> =
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><A href=3D"http://www.meteoritearticles.com/webpol=
e.html">http://www.meteoritearticles.com/webpole.html</A></DIV> <DIV>&nbs=
p;</DIV> <DIV>An interesting note it is also currently 2nd place in "Most=
 Overpriced Meteorite"</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>All of that being sai=
d, I would have to agree with the many others, that...this "dealer"....sh=
ould have been aware of hype pricing...and that the price of the meteorit=
e would settle.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I invested more then =
a few dollars in a local major airplane stock a few years ago.&nbsp; (Wic=
hita is...or was...the airplane capital of the world).&nbsp; Then 9-11 ha=
ppened.&nbsp; The local economy has been hit pretty hard, more then 1/3 o=
f the city has been laid off.&nbsp; People have left Boeing and Lear Jet =
and are now working at McDonald's.&nbsp; I think I would get laughed at p=
retty hard if I called Boeing and asked for a refund. (Of course I would =
settle for a small personal jet...:-)&nbsp; But I understood the risk tha=
t was on the table.&nbsp; Had the news of late 1991 been a couple big mil=
itary contracts for the company, I could now be in Mali drinking a Jack a=
nd Coke and yelling at the barely English speaking waiter for something t=
o snack on.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I've made some good meteo=
rite deals and some poor ones.&nbsp; Still, the more the market drops, th=
e happier I am.&nbsp; This means I can justify buying more.&nbsp; Now, if=
 only Mars meteorites would drop under $100 a gram......</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp=
;</DIV> <DIV>My 2% of Fa.,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Mark Bostick</DIV=
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>PS:&nbsp; I guess now is a good of time as any&n=
bsp;for congrads to Steve Arnold (IMB) for the awesome work he did in Par=
k Forest.&nbsp; Steve and his tackle boxes are coming to a fall near you.=
<BR><BR>Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive o=
f meteor and meteorite articles.</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0012_01C33D83.2D0F66A0--