[meteorite-list] Tatahouine - Pronunciation

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:43 2004

Rob and List,
I believe Rob's pronunciation is very close to correct. Bob Holmes and I
spent a few hours with Alain Carion and Anne Black at the Tucson Show while
filming a segment for our soon to be released video. While Alain talked
about the Tatahouine meteorite, Anne held two very large specimens in her
hands for the camera. Even with his beautiful thick French accent, it was
easy to hear how Alain pronounced the name. Since he has personally hunted
the strew field several times, I'd venture that he is pronouncing it properly.

Best,

John Gwilliam