[meteorite-list] Re: Was Rock -Picking ...Kilos and grams and The DEAI

From: E.L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:44 2004

Matt Morgan wrote:

>I love the analogy Michael...and we do often talk in grams and kilos. LOL!!! matt m

Yeah Right! With the new Email searching programs the FBI/DEA uses,
 what do you bet we'll have this list infiltrated by the DEA?
Kilos, grams, baggies, scales, midnight flights to Africa...yeppers we
have most of the key search words....lol I am sure that some of the
meteorite names are also nicknames for hash or black tar heroin
locales... Big Brother is coming

 Actually I am reminded of an incident known by very few list members
untill now...

I was closing a "deal" with a certain Long Island dealer, (who's name
will remain secret, but his initials are Geoff C). He and I were this
particular evening in the museum parking lot in Paterson NJ. He was
weighing out a "rock" (a crusted Allende) with a scale-- in plain view
on the top of his car. Before long we noticed the Police Car across
the parking lot eyeing us... We got back in the car and almost choked
trying to keep the laughter suppressed. But I am "sure" his license
plate is listed in there "DEALER WATCH" file with the DEA....lol

Elton