[meteorite-list] Re: Was Rock -Picking ...Kilos and grams and The DEAI

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:44 2004

I have a good one to post with that. During the Portales fall, Devin
Schrader and I met two guys at a Luvs Truck Stop in Demming New Mexico. I
bought several Porales specimens from them and paid them $5000.00 cash,
counting it out in the resteraunt table. After I was done I noticed about
30 people staring at us. A couple of rocks on the table and thousands of
dollars. Ill bet they talked a little that night wondering what was going on
there.
Mike Farmer