[meteorite-list] Meteorites Expeditions

From: rochette <rochette_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:44 2004

>Hi Pierre,
> Like most tools, one uses it with some degree of discretion. I
>learned about it from Steve Schoner, one of the greatest hunters
>ever. I first used one with him in an L/LL strewn field and he, at least,
>did so with excellent results. So, at least some people consider it
>to be of some use.
> Of course, I do not suggest attempting to use a screw driver to
>hammer nails, but that does not make a screw driver useless.
> Michael

Right (as I said in my first message)! If you are combing Holbrook or Gold
Basin strewfields the cane may be useful; besides, what you will recover
has anyhow not a tremendous scientific value. But the thrill of research
and hunting is also to have a chance to find something unexpected. If you
narrow your selection to only "the material that sticks" you may loose the
Lafayette sister that was hiden among your L/LL strewnfield...

Pierre