[meteorite-list] (SOT - somewhat off topic): My Site/Thanks...

From: walter branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:46 2004

Well, maybe more than "somewhat off topic".

I did not realize this but I am sure some of you more
internat savy people already knew this. From my
discussions with tech support, when a site domain
is created or transferred to a new server,
the DNS numbers have to register in these giant nodes along
the entire internet - worldwide. Imagine a concussion wave
circling the earth (ala Tunguska) but not at the same speed
in any given two (or more) directions. While the propagation
process takes place, some users can load the site while others
cannot.

I intially got many replies saying my site could not be accessed
then affermations started to arrive from list members. Interestingly,
at this moment I cannot even acces my own site while others can.

-Walter