[meteorite-list] Re: Holbrook print?

From: Mike Reynolds <agelessness_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:49 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C2EDA0.6FBCF540

Hi Gregory,
Here's Alta Vista's translation:
One meteorite rain. On a country of Arizona - to the borders of Mexico - =
just during the passage of a caravan, and pulled down without warning a =
coming from stone avalanche nientemento that gives the sidereal spaces. =
The unexpected and unforeseeable phenomenon has provoked a great panic, =
and some men are remained crush to you from the bolidi fallen from the =
sky.=20
Best Regards,
Mike Reynolds IMCA #8127
[meteorite-list]=20
Sharkkb8_at_aol.com Sharkkb8@aol.com=20
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:24:28 EST=20

  a.. Previous message: [meteorite-list] Sale=20
  b.. Next message: [meteorite-list] Holbrook print?=20
  c.. Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]=20

-------

--part1_26.36876a40.2ba92edc_boundary

At the link below is an interesting page from an Italian newspaper issue =
I=20
recently acquired. The newspaper is entitled La Domenica del Corriere =
(which=20
I believe to be "The Sunday Mail" or some approximation thereof) and =
this=20
particular issue is 6 Oct 1946. This issue contains an oversized =
artist's=20
rendering of the 1912 Holbrook fall, or at least that is my assumption =
from=20
the "Arizona" mention, although it appears that "Mexico" is referenced, =
as=20
well. I think it safe to say that this depiction just might be the =
tiniest=20
bit exaggerated from reality, but I suppose sensationalism in publishing =
was=20
to be found half a century ago, as it is now. The caption along with =
the=20
print is transcribed below, and I'm wondering if our Italian =
list-member(s),=20
or any others who are familiar with the language, could offer a =
translation.

http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/meteorites/1946holbrookprint.jpg

Gregory

Una pioggia di meteoriti. Su un paese dell'Arizona - ai confini del =
Messico=20
- proprio durante il passaggio di una carovana, si e abbattuta=20
improvvisamente una valanga di pietre provenienti nientemento che dagli =
spazi=20
siderali. L'inatteso e imprevedibile fenomeno ha provocato un gran =
panico, e=20
alcuni uomini sono rimasti schiacciati dai bolidi caduti dal cielo.

--part1_26.36876a40.2ba92edc_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3D3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D3D2 =
FAMILY=3D3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D
=3D3D"Arial" LANG=3D3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
At the link below is an interesting page from an Italian newspaper issue =
I r=3D
ecently acquired.&nbsp; The newspaper is entitled <B>La Domenica del =
Corrier=3D
e</B> (which I believe to be "The Sunday Mail" or some approximation =
thereof=3D
) and this particular issue is 6 Oct 1946.&nbsp; This issue contains an =
over=3D
sized artist's rendering of the 1912 Holbrook fall, or at least that is =
my a=3D
ssumption from the "Arizona" mention, although it appears that "Mexico" =
is r=3D
eferenced, as well.&nbsp; I think it safe to say that this depiction =
just mi=3D
ght be the tiniest bit exaggerated from reality, but I suppose =
sensationalis=3D
m in publishing was to be found half a century ago, as it is =
now.&nbsp;&nbsp=3D
; The caption along with the print is transcribed below, and I'm =
wondering i=3D
f our Italian list-member(s), or any others who are familiar with the =
langua=3D
ge, could offer a translation.<BR>
<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/meteorites/1946holbrookprint.jpg<BR>
<BR>
Gregory<BR>
<BR>
<I>Una pioggia di meteoriti.&nbsp; Su un paese dell'Arizona - ai confini =
del=3D
 Messico - proprio durante il passaggio di una carovana, si e abbattuta =
impr=3D
ovvisamente una valanga di pietre provenienti nientemento che dagli =
spazi si=3D
derali.&nbsp; L'inatteso e imprevedibile fenomeno ha provocato un gran =
panic=3D
o, e alcuni uomini sono rimasti schiacciati dai bolidi caduti dal =
cielo.</I>=3D
</FONT></HTML>

--part1_26.36876a40.2ba92edc_boundary--

-------

  a.. Previous message: [meteorite-list] Sale=20
  b.. Next message: [meteorite-list] Holbrook print?=20
  c.. Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]=20

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C2EDA0.6FBCF540

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" =
/><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" />
<DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; =
PADDING-TOP: 10px">Hi=20
Gregory,</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; =
PADDING-TOP: 10px">Here's=20
Alta Vista's translation:</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; =
PADDING-TOP: 10px">One=20
meteorite rain. On a country of Arizona - to the borders of Mexico - =
just during=20
the passage of a caravan, and pulled down without warning a coming from =
stone=20
avalanche nientemento that gives the sidereal spaces. The unexpected and =

unforeseeable phenomenon has provoked a great panic, and some men are =
remained=20
crush to you from the bolidi fallen from the sky. </DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; =
PADDING-TOP: 10px">Best=20
Regards,</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; =
PADDING-TOP: 10px">Mike=20
Reynolds&nbsp; IMCA #8127</DIV>
<H1>[meteorite-list]&nbsp;</H1><STRONG>Sharkkb8_at_aol.com=20
</STRONG><A>Sharkkb8_at_aol.com </A><BR><I>Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:24:28 =
EST</I>=20
<P>
<UL>
  <LI>Previous message: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2003-March/01874=
6.html">[meteorite-list]=20
  Sale </A>
  <LI>Next message: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2003-March/01874=
8.html">[meteorite-list]=20
  Holbrook print? </A>
  <LI><B>Messages sorted by:</B> <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2003-March/date.=
html#18747">[=20
  date ]</A> <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2003-March/threa=
d.html#18747">[=20
  thread ]</A> <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2003-March/subje=
ct.html#18747">[=20
  subject ]</A> <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2003-March/autho=
r.html#18747">[=20
  author ]</A> </LI></UL>
<HR>
<!--beginarticle--><PRE>--part1_26.36876a40.2ba92edc_boundary

[...]

<A =
href=3D"http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/meteorites/1946holbrookprint.jpg"=
>http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/meteorites/1946holbrookprint.jpg</A>

Gregory

Una pioggia di meteoriti. Su un paese dell'Arizona - ai confini del =
Messico=20
- proprio durante il passaggio di una carovana, si e abbattuta=20
improvvisamente una valanga di pietre provenienti nientemento che dagli =
spazi=20
siderali. L'inatteso e imprevedibile fenomeno ha provocato un gran =
panico, e=20
alcuni uomini sono rimasti schiacciati dai bolidi caduti dal cielo.

--part1_26.36876a40.2ba92edc_boundary

&lt;HTML&gt;&lt;FONT FACE=3D3Darial,helvetica&gt;&lt;FONT SIZE=3D3D2 =
FAMILY=3D3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D
=3D3D"Arial" LANG=3D3D"0"&gt;&lt;BR&gt;
&lt;BR&gt;
At the link below is an interesting page from an Italian newspaper issue =
I r=3D
ecently acquired.&amp;nbsp; The newspaper is entitled &lt;B&gt;La =
Domenica del Corrier=3D
e&lt;/B&gt; (which I believe to be "The Sunday Mail" or some =
approximation thereof=3D
) and this particular issue is 6 Oct 1946.&amp;nbsp; This issue contains =
an over=3D
sized artist's rendering of the 1912 Holbrook fall, or at least that is =
my a=3D
ssumption from the "Arizona" mention, although it appears that "Mexico" =
is r=3D
eferenced, as well.&amp;nbsp; I think it safe to say that this depiction =
just mi=3D
ght be the tiniest bit exaggerated from reality, but I suppose =
sensationalis=3D
m in publishing was to be found half a century ago, as it is =
now.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp=3D
; The caption along with the print is transcribed below, and I'm =
wondering i=3D
f our Italian list-member(s), or any others who are familiar with the =
langua=3D
ge, could offer a translation.&lt;BR&gt;
&lt;BR&gt;
<A =
href=3D"http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/meteorites/1946holbrookprint.jpg<=
BR">http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/meteorites/1946holbrookprint.jpg&lt;B=
R</A>&gt;
&lt;BR&gt;
Gregory&lt;BR&gt;
&lt;BR&gt;
&lt;I&gt;Una pioggia di meteoriti.&amp;nbsp; Su un paese dell'Arizona - =
ai confini del=3D
 Messico - proprio durante il passaggio di una carovana, si e abbattuta =
impr=3D
ovvisamente una valanga di pietre provenienti nientemento che dagli =
spazi si=3D
derali.&amp;nbsp; L'inatteso e imprevedibile fenomeno ha provocato un =
gran panic=3D
o, e alcuni uomini sono rimasti schiacciati dai bolidi caduti dal =
cielo.&lt;/I&gt;=3D
&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/HTML&gt;

--part1_26.36876a40.2ba92edc_boundary--

</PRE><!--endarticle-->
<HR>

<P>
<UL><!--threads-->
  <LI>Previous message: <A=20
  =
[...]
  author ]</A> </LI></UL></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C2EDA0.6FBCF540--