[meteorite-list] Campo tkw & Hoba info

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:49 2004

Hello list,

The tkw of Campos del Cielo, as compiled in various archives (e.g. 1990
data) is reported to be of (about ?) 37 tons.
We all know of those recent finds of many huge masses of the "new Campo" but
this "new tkw" (that should logically be added to the 37 tons) is not well
documented.
Does anybody know more about that?=20
Or, in other words, what should be the most plausible consequent "total tkw"
of Campo del Cielo by now ?

I am also looking at some reliable and detailed reference about HOBA. There
are many but, as we are being writing a detailed report for an amator club,
any further documentation than those currently found in (many) textbooks
would be welcome.

Many thanks for help.

Best,

Zelimir
Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Groupe S=E9curit=E9 et Ecologie Chimiques (GSEC) - ENSCMu
3, rue A. Werner
F-68093 MULHOUSE Cedex, FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 94
FAX: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 15