[meteorite-list] apology

From: Edward Hodges <holyfireballs_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:51 2004

Like Michael, I live in San Diego and rust is a huge concern. I've used Bill
Mason's kit also with mixed results. I noticed the slight mistakes in the
instructions. I decided to do my neutralization step and final rinse step
before the alcohol bath and it seems to work fine. My Sikhote Alin's have a
slight purple cast, If anyone knows how this can be avoided or lessened
please let me know. I've found a roof sealer clear coat that can be brushed
on without mess, or brush strokes evident, I'll try to remember the name. By
the way WD-40 contains water so I stay away from it. There are other rust
-dissolvers that are completely oil based, just ask your auto parts store.
It would be interesting to see some before and after pictures, and some
notes from people who have tried the new kit. If you have any input, I'm
sure we are all interested in keeping our irons looking brand new.
Thanks.-Edward

Edward R. Hodges
www.meteoriteonline.com
IMCA # 4173