[meteorite-list] density????

From: mafer <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:51 2004

Hello Tom and list

Calculating the density of a meteorite will only tell you the density of
that meteorite, not what its components are. Most rock types are specified
as to specific gravity, but thats for a pure element, not a composite like a
meteorite or even granite. And thats because a meteorite is made up of many
elements and even the irons will give a density calculation which isn't for
iron or nickel.
Hope this helps somewhat. But its going to leave you asking more questions,
so think on.
Mark