[meteorite-list] Meteor Chunks Crash In South Suburb -Illinois - STONES RECOVERED

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:52 2004

Hello Steven:
I think of myself as a "fence-sitter", being scientific-minded and a collector
and dealer of meteorites. However, I believe that meteorites (and any natural
history-type items) should be shared by all to enjoy. There are usually enough
meteorites to go around and we all learn from them. Remember most of the
meteorites that are in museum collections came from meteorite enthusiasts and
nowadays, reasearchers and enthusiasts often collaborate. Think of it as a
perfect partnership.

I dont like to see statements like the one that was made in regard to the Park
Forest meteorite, but unfortunately it happens!

Meteorite "Freedom Fighter",
Matt Morgan