[meteorite-list] Park Forest meteorite debacle - whats a fair price?

From: Michael Cottingham <mikewren_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:53 2004

Hello,

Several other stones were purchased for about $1.00 per gram. Approx weight
maybe around 3 kilos. However these went straight into personal collections!
On a funny note.... many stones were turned away from several buyers at
$1.00 per gram because it was believed that there were going to be 100's of
kilos. NOT! Next day,
the buyers tried to buy those stones at the $1.00 price per gram and were
laughed at....by then it was $10.00 per gram...thanks to the police and
museum.

Cottingham