[meteorite-list] Park Forest meteorite debacle - whats a fair price?

From: Michael Cottingham <mikewren_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:53 2004

Heck that is cheap considering all things.....

Without getting into an argument....there are so many factors involved with
pricing that it is just not that simple.
The best thing for one to do if you really want to understand, is travel to
a fall, with all the expenses involved, do all the work, the sell your
material. By then you will begin to understand. You will never see this
meteorite for retail sale at $7.00 per gram. If that is the case and if
there is anyone listening from Park Forrest....I will buy ALL the meteorites
from this fall for $7.00 per gram RIGHT NOW!!!

Cottingham