[meteorite-list] great idea - Volunteer

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:54 2004

Hi John & All,
        I will volunteer.
        Please make all donations within 7 days to my email address
( mlblood_at_cox.net ).
        PLEASE MARK ALL DONATIONS:
- "Art" or
-"Art's B Day" or
- "Donation for Art's B. Day"
    (Failure to indicate purpose of funds could lead to your donation
failing to get counted!)
    As for PayPal, check "Non-auction Item"
        I will report to the list both the amount raised and the specimen
selected - and will photograph the piece, as well, so we can all share
in the fun.
        I will purchase from any dealer who makes the best offer for Art
for the money we end up with. The dealer who makes the best offer
should benefit from a bit of "free" advertising that way, too.
    Best wishes, Michael

on 3/29/03 4:16 PM, Tim Heitz at midwestmeteor_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> What a great idea, we hear you. Whos going to do the collecting?
>
> Tim
> John Gwilliam wrote:
>
>> May I suggest that someone become the designated party to collect
>> money for a piece of this fall for Art. I would be glad to donate
>> $20.00 or so for such a worthy cause. With Mike Farmer busy working
>> the fall, it doesn't seem appropriate for him to be given the added
>> burden.
>>
>> Any volunteers? Let me know and I'll send $$.
>>
>> John

>>> Time for me to repeat my suggestion however
>>> dearly I would like to own a piece myself.
>>> If US$1.00 is not enough for Art's "little"
>>> birthday present, let's raise the amount we
>>> would be willing to "donate" - say something
>>> between two and five dollars!
>>>
>>> Bernd

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    Bertrand Russell
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satelite: