[meteorite-list] Park Forest

From: Thetoprok_at_aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:54 2004

--part1_1ea.5709d47.2bb864e9_boundary

 Good morning All,
 I want to say thank you to Steve Arnold for making my Thursday morning so
memorable, I'll never forget reading that first message about the fall.
 Anyway I am sending this out to tell you all that the Atkins meteorite
hunting team was successful!!! We arrived at the strewn field on Friday
evening, on Saturday morning my brother Rich found a beautiful stone weighing
in at about 1.5- 2 pounds, not exactly sure yet as our gram scale doesn't go
that high! I'll take it to the post office tomorrow to get the exact weight.
The stone was about 8 inches deep in the ground, a nearly invisible hole gave
away the secret hiding place. The meteorite is near completely covered with
crust, some small chips are gone though. It looks like a burnt baked potato!
 We documented all, gps coordinates, photo's, etc. Who is documenting the
field so that I can send pertinent info?
 I would show the pics but I don't have a site to send you to, any
suggestions? I would like to post 'em for all to see. If youask I can send
them directly to individuals unless there is another way to post.
 We found only the one, but are planning a return trip immediately, we are
confident the field will be generous to our efforts.
 This was one of the highlights of our lives, being among the first to hunt
what is now a famous fall, and actually recovering a sizeable stone! A dream
come true!
 Thanks again for the 'heads up' Steve!
Sincerely,
Larry Atkins

--part1_1ea.5709d47.2bb864e9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> Good morning All,<BR>
 I want to say thank you to Steve Arnold for making my Thursday morning so m=
emorable, I'll never forget reading that first message about the fall.<BR>
 Anyway I am sending this out to tell you all that the Atkins meteorite hunt=
ing team was successful!!! We arrived at the strewn field on Friday evening,=
 on Saturday morning my brother Rich found a beautiful stone weighing in at=20=
about 1.5- 2 pounds, not exactly sure yet as our gram scale doesn't go that=20=
high! I'll take it to the post office tomorrow to get the exact weight. The=20=
stone was about 8 inches deep in the ground, a nearly invisible hole gave aw=
ay the secret hiding place. The meteorite is near completely covered with cr=
ust, some small chips are gone though. It looks like a burnt baked potato!<B=

 We documented all, gps coordinates, photo's, etc. Who is documenting the fi=
eld so that I can send pertinent info?<BR>
 I would show the pics but I don't have a site to send you to, any suggestio=
ns? I would like to post 'em for all to see. If youask I can send them direc=
tly to individuals unless there is another way to post.<BR>
 We found only the one, but are planning a return trip immediately, we are c=
onfident the field will be generous to our efforts.<BR>
 This was one of the highlights of our lives, being among the first to hunt=20=
what is now a famous fall, and actually recovering a sizeable stone! A dream=
 come true!<BR>
 Thanks again for the 'heads up'&nbsp; Steve! <BR>
Sincerely,<BR>
Larry Atkins<BR>
 </FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ea.5709d47.2bb864e9_boundary--