[meteorite-list] Park Forest - Where to send data

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:54 2004

Larry Atkins asks:
"Who is documenting the field so that I can send
pertinent info?"

Not sure that a principal investigator has been
decided, yet, but the lead field worker is:

Dr. Paul Sipiera
<psipiera_at_planets.org>
Planetary Studies Foundation
612 Chatham Circle
Algonquin, IL USA 60102
http://www.planets.org/contact.asp
http://www.geocities.com/harperastronomy/
(847) 854-0468

People have been turning in their data to him and he
has been compiling it into a database. Info:
Mass of find
GPS coordinates or
Street address

Other "pertinent info" would include:
Depth - how deep the find was in the ground, and
Angle - was the hole vertical or at some angle.
Orientation - if the hole was at some angle, then in
what direction did it come in, e.g., if the find came
in from the SE, the hole that it made would probably
point back to the SE or in degrees azimuth,
135degrees.

At the present, the results are very indeterminate.
But if enough data can be compiled, Paul Sipiera will
generate a strewn field map.

Regards,
Bob V.

*********************************