[meteorite-list] Re: Thuathe found in graveyard.

From: Fredmeteorhall_at_aol.com <Fredmeteorhall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:55 2004

--part1_d.d41a2f5.2bb93393_boundary

  A few years ago I lead a meteorite search with the just founded Colorado
Meteorite Society (COMETS) for the Johnstown achondrite fall of 1924. We did
visit (not search) the graveyard where a burial service was interrupted by a
fifteen pound meteorite landing thirty feet from the church door. Our club
did not find any Johnstown that day. However, today I purchased an 86 gram
Thuathe meteorite that was found in the Ha Mothoane graveyard by Motlalepula
Ramoabi. I trust that Motalepula did not use a burial shovel to dig this
meteorite out of the ground as did the gentlemen at Johnstown, Colorado,
during the burial service on that warm July day.
  I have Mr. Chauncey Walden to thank for bringing this meteorite from a most
unusual location to my attention. Mr. Walden has some Thuathe left for sale
(our club members purchased some from him tonight).
  And to the guys on this list that eat meteorites, my answer is...NO WAY,
you sick puppies!
May You Live Long And Prosper, Fred Hall

--part1_d.d41a2f5.2bb93393_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">&nbsp; A few years ago I lead a meteorite search with=20=
the just founded Colorado Meteorite Society (COMETS) for the Johnstown achon=
drite fall of 1924. We did visit (not search) the graveyard where a burial s=
ervice was interrupted by a fifteen pound meteorite landing thirty feet from=
 the church door. Our club did not find any Johnstown that day. However, tod=
ay I purchased an 86 gram Thuathe meteorite that was found in the Ha Mothoan=
e graveyard by Motlalepula Ramoabi. I trust that Motalepula did not use a bu=
rial shovel to dig this meteorite out of the ground as did the gentlemen at=20=
Johnstown, Colorado, during the burial service on that warm July day.<BR>
&nbsp; I have Mr. Chauncey Walden to thank for bringing this meteorite from=20=
a most unusual location to my attention. Mr. Walden has some Thuathe left fo=
r sale (our club members purchased some from him tonight).<BR>
&nbsp; And to the guys on this list that eat meteorites, my answer is...NO W=
AY, you sick puppies!<BR>
May You Live Long And Prosper, Fred Hall</FONT></HTML>

--part1_d.d41a2f5.2bb93393_boundary--