[meteorite-list] Fair Price for Park Forest?

From: Roman Nakonechny <uraninut239__at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:55 2004

Hey Walter,
            Do these look like Park Forest to you, first of all. I have'nt
seen any close-ups till this set, but for a fresh fall, which we'll assume
these are meteorites and they did'nt hit a dog, cow, crashed through a roof
and destroy any CPU peripherals(printers, etc.), or the owner-for a
supposedly untested L6, one of our list allegedly eyeballed it as an L6
Chondrite - a fair price would be in the neighborhood of $10.00gram. But you
have to tell the owner that condition is a factor in pricing it- you know,
fusion crust coverage percentage, fractures (pieces missing). I personally
would wait and see what the 50lb. heads (scientists) come up with as far as
any unusual composition, cause you might regret selling it so fast if it has
a unique composition. Unless you know for a fact that they have a definitive
analysis on this sucker, already, I would advise the fellow to wait it out
and not join in in the selling frenzy. There's some guy on (SELL IT NOW)like
Ebay, I personally never heard of it, maybe it's a part of Ebay, is selling
his for $200.00gram-that's just greediness if the "fall" has'nt even been
analyzed, even if it is a scientificaly proven "ordinary" L6, $200.00gr.?
you gotta be out of your frieken mind to pay that. One of the List, I think
it's Matteo(mcomemeteorites.it) wrote a "check it out" about the $200.00gram
fellow. I hope that helps you a little bit. Nice to meet you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* Out of The Smoke Trail
IMCA #0583 -Roman N.