[meteorite-list] Park Forest Main Mass Status

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:34 2004

Hello Mark,

Take a look at any MetBul entry and it appears to me that they use the
term "main mass" to mean that portion of a stone or stones that remains
the largest piece (or maybe pieces?) of the total. I suppose it could
also be used to describe the largest mass that is recovered but it then
should be so stated to avoid confusion with the MetBul terminology. This
is definitely a subject that should be clarified by Dr. Grossman.

David