[meteorite-list] Re: (Ron Baalke) Fossil find...(getting off topic)

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:34 2004

Lest we forget the diamond mines in Herkimer NY. I have several beauties
from there that are bigger than walnuts. As far as I know the Herkimer
diamonds were never gem quality and only used for industrial purposes.

Yesterday afternoon The History Channel ran Modern Marvels about
diamonds...anyone ever hear of Dr. Lewis and the microscopic diamonds he
claims to be rendering from meteorites? He was melting the meteorites(god it
pains me to say that) in acid and claimed to be finding diamonds formed from
material created near stars. The diamonds were minute...he showed a small
vial with what he claimed to be something in the trillions of diamonds.

That should get the discussion back on topic.

Mark M.
Phoenix AZ