[meteorite-list] Southwest Impact Study photos

From: Mark Jackson <b0rtz2003_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:35 2004

--0-1240793537-1052175457=:85252

I have seen the USGS mineral resource maps. I can't use that map for this study. I checked the California stuff too (this is Salton Sea quad) nothing really useful except maybe a 1964 preliminary recon. I'm not excited about prelims though. The topo quad index to geologic maps doesn't mention the crater area topo quad. I felt sure someone would study these features before me. I always troll hard for data on places I study. My favorite resource is to search theses at various colleges depending on the discipline required. The closest thing I could find was a Stanford student studying fulgerites in this region. They were all brought to him by a "miner" who wouldn't reveal thier location. The work continues.

--0-1240793537-1052175457=:85252

<DIV>I have seen the USGS mineral resource maps. I can't use that map for this study. I checked the California stuff too (this is Salton Sea quad) nothing really useful except maybe a 1964 preliminary recon. I'm not excited about prelims though.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The topo quad index to geologic maps doesn't mention the crater area topo quad.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I felt sure someone would study these features before me. I always troll hard for data on places I study. My favorite resource is to search theses at various colleges depending on the discipline required. The closest thing I could find was a Stanford student studying fulgerites in this region. They were all brought to him by a "miner" who wouldn't reveal thier location.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The work continues.</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1240793537-1052175457=:85252--