[meteorite-list] Re: [MeteoriticalBulletin] Meteoritical Bulletin: Announ...

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:36 2004

Hello all

yes the same for me, if you cut a Bensour is many
similar to a Park Forest if in the Bensour you take
the just cut and show the black veins, but is a
LL6.....All Impact melts I have see have large zones
with melt flows, type my NWA 1701 or Dhofar 010,
others have matrix with different quantitative of
metal. If you see a meteorite I have cut in this days
from Morocco is similar to Park forest, but have the
green matrix but the same black veins, similar to
Peekskill or Pultusk....for me is possible give to
park forest a classification of L5 Breccia, but not
sure a melt.
regards

Matteo

--- FERNLEA4_at_aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 06/05/03 17:42:33 GMT Daylight
> Time, MeteorHntr_at_aol.com
> writes:
>

> > I just noticed in the Meteoritical Bulletin
> (below) that Park Forest is
> > offically classifed as an "L5" and not as an "L5
> impact melt breccia."
> >

> Steve,
> many people were describing Park Forest as an impact
> melt breccia soon after
> the fall, but I never saw any true impact melt
> regions on any of the cut
> pieces that were being shown off, or in any of the
> pictures. Shock blackened
> regions perhaps, but not strikingly impact melt in
> the familiar way of El
> Kachla and Cat Mountain.
> Was it just a description that was being banded
> around during all of the
> excitement of the fall perhaps? I dunno! :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.
>
> Rob Elliott
> www.meteorites.uk.com
> Fernlea Meteorites,
> The Wynd,
> Off Dickson Lane,
> Milton of Balgonie,
> Fife. KY7 6PY
> United Kingdom
> Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563
> Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991
> Mobile: 07909-773929
> Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/