[meteorite-list] Question-Rissani

From: E.L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:36 2004

Hello dam, Jay and List.

While meteorites may come from the Rissani area, these don't look kosher
to me. On other auctions from the same source the "choundrules" look
like wind abraided sandstone with the reduction spheres we saw posted at
Yousef's page. The spheres were too prominate on the surface and the
dislodged holes were pristine. The specimens even look wetted for better
photographs. I, frankly, only saw one in that batch of auctions which
was possibly a meteorite based on the photos, since no other
characteristics were mentioned in the discriptions.

Anyone else have an opinion or has anyone asked the dealer if the stones
have any halmarks such as magnetism?

Elton